Working time accounts: your flexible HR tool
At a glance
- Companies need motivated employees and flexible HR tools to remain competitive.
- Working time accounts provide employees with more freedom when it comes to planning their working lives.
- Companies can increase their attraction as an employer by offering working time accounts.
Flexible work and retirement schemes: our expertise for you
Commerzbank is your competent partner for working time accounts. We provide advisory services and high-quality solutions for
- partial retirement schemes. The most frequent scheme is what is known as the block model: part of the work performed during a full-time working life is not immediately remunerated, but transformed into an employee claim. This claim is later remunerated during partial retirement, thereby facilitating a smooth transition to full retirement.
- Working time accounts: this is where employees pay in parts of their salary and/or worked hours to provide for continued salary payments during a period of leave or partial retirement at a later stage.
We set up flexible protection schemes for you, for either of the two forms.
Win-win for both your company and your employees
You will raise your attractiveness as an employer and the motivation of your employees.
You will gain flexibility in your HR management.
Meeting legal requirements
You will meet the insolvency protection requirement, including for existing working time accounts.
Customised solutions with COMFLEX
We offer pledging models and guarantee schemes, alongside tailor-made master trust solutions via our subsidiary CommerzTrust GmbH.
Investment options include capital market investments, term deposits, insurance products or dedicated investment schemes for working time accounts under Germany’s Flexi II Act.
Our powerful administrative platforms and comprehensive reporting functions provide full transparency, ensuring that both employers and employees can track the development and funding of value credits (Arbeitnehmer-Wertguthaben pursuant to Germany’s Flexi II Act) at any time.
About working time accounts
Going far beyond sector boundaries, some challenges affect the entire economy. One example is sustainability. Companies from almost every sector must consider restructuring their business or production, and revise their business models – often with far-reaching implications for the workforce. While job cuts are often inevitable and require the use of specific HR tools, companies must make an effort to retain key performers and keep them motivated. Working time accounts contribute to both of these goals by enabling partial retirement programmes that facilitate early retirement and new ways of structuring working lives.
Young talent cares about more than their career. They value flexibility and work-life balance. Companies that take these expectations seriously significantly increase their attractiveness in the ongoing war for talent.
Setting up working time accounts requires expert knowledge. Your Commerzbank corporate client advisor, together with the Pension & Solutions team, will be happy to help find a solution that suits your needs.